A recent survey asked bartenders how much they deserve to be tipped. The most common answer was $1 per drink.
If you think that seems excessive, just remember their job doesn’t ONLY involve pouring drinks for people. They also have to deal with the consequences of those drinks . . . a.k.a., drunk people.
Here are the six most common drunken behaviors bartenders said they’ve seen . . .
1. Spilling or breaking a glass. 74% of bartenders said they’ve seen someone do it. Which actually seems low.
2. Someone falling over because they were so drunk, 72%.
3. Drunken arguments, 72%.
4. Puking somewhere in the bar, 61%. It’s not clear if that includes the bathroom.
5. Getting into a physical fight, 61%.
6. Passing out in the bar, 48%.
57% of bartenders said they’ve had to call a cab for someone who was too drunk to drive. 49% have arranged for someone else to take them home. And 24% have literally had to take a customer’s keys away from them.