Here are some NOT-so-serious stories we’ve seen about the coronavirus outbreak . . .
1. The latest thing people are hoarding? Frozen pizza. Americans bought 92% more pizzas this March than we did in March of 2019.
2. Soda and beer might become FLAT because of the pandemic. It’s causing dwindling supplies of carbon dioxide, which is used to carbonate our drinks.
3. The pandemic is now affecting the international DRUG business. Apparently drug traffickers are having trouble moving their supply . . . and that’s driving up the prices of things like cocaine and heroin on the streets.
4. Couples in New York can now get married over Zoom.
5. A guy who was the only passenger on a Southwest Airlines flight from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to St. Louis on Thursday night got his own personalized in-flight messages.
6. A doctor in California who was selling a coronavirus “miracle cure” is now facing up to 20 years in prison for mail fraud.