When it comes to playing Christmas music, what’s the cutoff between WAY too early and, “Yeah, okay, I guess it’s fine now”? . . .
A new survey asked 30,000 Americans, “When is the EARLIEST acceptable time for radio stations to start playing Christmas music?” And the most popular answer was . . . right after Thanksgiving.
Here are all the options they gave, and how people answered . . .
1. In November, but before Thanksgiving . . . 12% of the vote.
2. On Thanksgiving Day . . . 11%.
3. In late November, after Thanksgiving . . . 35%. That was the #1 answer.
4. December 1st . . . 16%.
5. Mid-December . . . 5%.
6. Just during the week of Christmas . . . 3%.
7. Christmas Day ONLY . . . 1% of the vote.
Another 9% . . . or 1 in 11 people . . . said we should be able to play Christmas music ALL YEAR. And 4% said NEVER. (The rest didn’t answer.)