Celebrities are constantly changing their appearance for movie and TV roles. But that can lead to unintended consequences . . . which can often be disastrous. Here are some examples:
1. Rainn Wilson: For “The Office”, he concocted the ugliest haircut he could for his, quote, “ungainly enormous head and forehead.” But then he realized he was stuck with it for the run of the show . . . which turned out to be NINE YEARS.
2. Ariana Grande: The reason she wears her high ponytail extension now is because she damaged her hair by dyeing it red for the Nickelodeon show “Victorious”. She says, quote, “It looks absolutely ratchet and absurd when I let it down.”
3. Jim Carrey felt like he was being buried alive every day getting his makeup done for “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”. He ended up working with a guy who teaches CIA operatives how to handle TORTURE in order to get through it.
4. Charlize Theron had to gain weight to play a woman who’d just given birth in the movie “Tully”. Increasing her sugar intake gave her depression, and she said, quote, “I was not that fun to be around on this film.”
5. Jared Leto gained 67 pounds for the movie “Chapter 27” by drinking microwaved ice cream mixed with olive oil and soy sauce. (???) The weight gain actually gave him gout.
6. Matt Damon had to pack on muscle for “Jason Bourne”, and he didn’t enjoy all the gym time and not being able to eat what he wanted. Quote, “It’s not worth it! . . . It’s no way for any of us to live.”
7. Zac Efron had to drop down to 5% body fat for “Baywatch”, and he was happy when filming was done. Quote, “I don’t ever want to be in that good of shape again.”
8. Sophie Turner had to dye her blonde hair red for “Game of Thrones”. But one time when she was trying to go back to blonde, she destroyed it, and had to wear a red wig to film the show.
She says, quote, “They wouldn’t let me dye it back red, or my hair would’ve fallen out.”
(You can check out more here.)