On one of the busiest air travel days of the year, try not to be one of these people. Skyscanner asked flight attendants what behaviors they find most annoying. And we (you) add our own commentary.
• Asking for a specific brand of soda. Why is this annoying? If you don’t have it, say ‘no’ and offer what you do have.
• Ringing the attendant bell to complain about temperature. The average person doesn’t fly every day, or even every year. So show us how the little fan thing works overhead and offer us a blanket.
• Asking for a different meal. Yeah, this could be annoying. It’s an airplane, not a restaurant. Personally I travel with my own snacks. If the airplane menu is halfway decent then I consider it a bonus.
• Stuffing trash in the seat pocket. Yep, rude.
• Asking for even more pillows and blankets. Annoying? Really? How about just saying, “Sorry, one per passenger.”
• Talking through the safety demo. Talking? I’m just trying to stay awake.
• Complaining about lack of space in the overhead bin. Agreed. To my fellow travelers: stop bringing the contents of your home with you.
• Clicking fingers to get your attention. Yep, rude.