It’s time for “Nerd News,” covering the most important news for your brain.
Here’s a quick rundown of this week in science . . .
1. A new study found men are seen as less threatening and intimidating when they’re holding a tiny dog.
2. People in Canada saw a weird phenomenon similar to the northern lights, but it’s purple and named “STEVE“. Short for “strong thermal velocity enhancement.”
4. Astronomers may have spotted the youngest planet ever, just 1.5 million years old. Earth is 4.5 BILLION years old. So in planetary terms, it’s like a newborn.
5. An upside-down lightning bolt that shot upward toward space a few years ago might be the most powerful we’ve ever seen. It happened over Oklahoma in 2018. When they shoot up like that, they’re called “gigantic jets.”
6. If we can figure out how to bring back woolly mammoths, should we EAT them? It’s a real question people are asking now.