If you’ve got a date and want to RUIN your chances, just do everything on this list: Dating.com polled its customers to find the top things that can scare someone off on a first date. Here’s what people said . . .
1. Showing up late. 60% said they wouldn’t go out with the person again.
2. Too much too soon. 53% said they’ve been scared off by a first date asking them if they were ready to commit to something serious.
3. Rudeness. 47% have cut things off because the person was rude to someone on a first date, like a waitress or bartender.
4. Talking too much. 34% have had a date where they couldn’t get a word in.
5. Talking about your ex. 41% say someone’s made things weird by bringing up past relationships on a date. 88% say you shouldn’t do it on a first date.
6. A wandering eye. 28% of have caught a date checking someone else out.
7. Too much phone time. 76% of single people wouldn’t pursue a relationship with someone who constantly checked their phone on a first date.