Taste of Country did a list of the top ten “clapback” songs in country. Meaning, a song where you respond to someone who attacked you, and put them in their place with a little attitude. Man I sound old.
Their list is actually in a video, so we broke it down for you.
1. “How Do You Like Me Now”, Toby Keith. Best clapback lines: “He never comes home and you’re always alone, and your kids hear you cry down the hall. Alarm clock starts ringin’ who could that be singin’? It’s me baby . . . with your wake-up call.”
2. “Fist City”, Loretta Lynn. Best clapback lines: “The man I love, when he picks up trash, he puts it in a garbage can. And that’s what you look like to me.”
3. “Ain’t Worth the Whiskey”, Cole Swindell. Best clapback line: “I won’t waste a dime or the bartenders time, trying to catch a buzz over the thought of us.”
4. “Red High Heels”, Kellie Pickler. Best clapback lines: “You can watch me walk if you want to . . . I’m about to show you just how missin’ me feels, in my red high heels.”
5. “Kiss This”, Aaron Tippin. Best clapback line: “Pucker up and close your eyes, and kiss this . . . and I don’t mean on my rosy red lips.”
6. “Only Prettier”, Miranda Lambert. Best clapback lines: “I’ll keep drinkin’ and you’ll keep gettin’ skinnier. I’m just like you . . . only prettier.”
7. “Love You”, Jack Ingram. Best clapback lines: “I’m sick and lovin’ tired of all your lovin’ around. There’s only one four-letter word that’ll do . . . love you.”
8. “How Am I Doin”, Dierks Bentley. Best clapback line: “Now that we’re done, I’m gettin’ right every night, with every single ever-lovin’ girl in sight.”
9. “Just Another Girl”, Kip Moore. Best clapback lines: “I’m just another boy in another band. You’re just another girl I put in a song.”
10. “Mean”, Taylor Swift. She should have her own top ten, that’s her thing.