Ten More “Good News” Stories from the Coronavirus Outbreak
If you only pay attention to the chaos, it’s easy to miss this stuff. But more and more INSPIRING stories surrounding the outbreak are popping up. Here are ten new ones we’ve seen . . .
1. A woman in Pennsylvania has a free mini-library outside her home that she normally stocks with books people can borrow. Now she’s replaced them with free CANNED GOODS. And apparently more people are doing it.
2. A regular customer in Houston left a $9,400 tip at a restaurant on Monday, right before they closed down for the next few weeks.
3. A bunch of young classical musicians were supposed to perform at Carnegie Hall on Monday, but it got cancelled. So they decided to perform in the middle of Times Square instead. There weren’t a ton of people there, but the Associated Press posted a video.
5. One weird side effect of the crisis . . . gas prices are plummeting. The national average should hit $1.99 soon. And some experts think in certain areas, it’ll be under a buck eventually.
6. On Monday, two kids in Ohio who play the cello decided to do a front porch concert for their elderly neighbor who’s been self-isolating. The video immediately went viral.
9. Here’s a reason to stay hopeful. Mainland China only reported ONE new coronavirus case on Monday caused by community spread. So if that’s true, it’s definitely tapering off fast there.
10. A couple in New York was supposed to get married Saturday in a big ceremony with 200 people. And they’re not letting the virus stop them. Instead, they’re getting married in their APARTMENT with six guests. The groom says he, quote, “can’t go another week not marrying her.” And the bride added that “love always prevails.”