Here are a few more good news stories from the protests . . .
1. A white cop in Fort Lauderdale was caught on camera shoving a female protester who was on her knees with her hands up. Then a black cop ran in and started screaming at him. The cop who shoved the woman is now on administrative leave.
2. Police and community leaders in Lincoln, Nebraska signed a pledge this week to “hold cops accountable,” then danced together in the streets.
3. A teacher’s list of children’s books about civil rights leaders and confronting racism has been going viral on Twitter.
4. The city of Los Angeles announced it’s taking a quarter-of-a-billion dollars from its budget, and reinvesting it in communities of color.
5. A bunch of major corporations are also opening their wallets. Apple, Facebook, and Verizon are donating $10 million each to fight racial injustice. And Bank of America pledged a BILLION DOLLARS over four years.
6. Communities in Philadelphia couldn’t get groceries because stores were closed due to looting. So the owner of several ShopRite supermarkets teamed up with a charity and distributed free groceries to people.
7. A black couple in Gainesville, Florida was surprised when their waitress at Hooters paid for their meal and wrote “Black Lives Matter” on their receipt.
8. Rockstar Games turned off access to the online versions of “Grand Theft Auto” and “Red Dead Redemption” during George Floyd’s funeral to show respect.
9. Several business owners in New York have been speaking out in support of the protesters, even after their stores were damaged by looters.
10. More than 5,000 peaceful protesters in Idaho came out for a candlelight vigil this week. And the vast majority of people in the crowd were white. (Here’s a video.)