Here’s are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. The first coronavirus vaccine here in the U.S. has succeeded in its initial tests and is ready to move to the final testing stage. Dr. Anthony Fauci says, quote, “No matter how you slice it, this is good news.”
2. A positive side effect of staying home is less food waste . . . it’s down 27% since the pandemic started. People are throwing out less food and actually eating or donating way more of what they buy.
3. If you miss hugging other people, what about hugging a tree? In Israel, the parks authority is encouraging people to hug trees, quote, “Go out to nature, take a deep breath, hug a tree, express your love, and get love.”
4. It’s hard to keep this perspective now . . . but major crises tend to bring major social change and cultural enlightenment. Like . . . the plague in 14th century Europe led to the Renaissance. So hopefully, this pandemic can also lead society to great things.
5. A salon in New York City gave full makeovers to five essential workers . . . including a hospital employee and bus driver . . . as a “thank you” for all these months of intense, important, and underpaid work.