Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. An uplifting poem about 2020 has been trending on Instagram. It starts with the line, “What if 2020 isn’t cancelled? What if 2020 is the year we’ve been waiting for? A year so uncomfortable, so painful, so scary, so raw . . . that it finally forces us to grow.”
2. Someone in Naples, Florida has been helping a restaurant stay afloat by paying for 100 sandwiches a day to give to healthcare workers. Since the lockdown started, they’ve spent about $40,000.
3. New York just announced schools will be able to hold outdoor graduation ceremonies starting June 26th. Last Wednesday was the first day since March 12th with no COVID-19 deaths in New York City. Also, California will let bars and gyms reopen this Friday. And Fiji just declared itself coronavirus-free.
4. A guy in India is organizing an “all-pet private jet” to help reunite dogs and cats with people who’ve been separated from them because of the lockdown.
5. To cheer her kids up, a mom in New York has been redesigning the covers of famous children’s books to make them coronavirus themed. And they’re a hit on Instagram. For example, she reworked “Green Eggs and Ham”, so it’s “Green Eggs and Wash Your Hands.”