Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. Here’s a way to cheer your neighbors up if you’re a Monty Python fan: People have been setting up signs in their front yards, declaring them “Silly Walk Zones.” So when you walk by, you have to do a silly walk.
2. In the lead-up to Mother’s Day, a flower company in Ohio called Green Circle Growers donated $1 million worth of orchids to healthcare workers.
3. A middle school teacher in Georgia named Bill McAllister has been running six to eight miles a day. And he plans each route so he can stop by as many of his students’ homes as possible, just to say hi.
4. Cops in the town of Clinton, Connecticut got a call about a disturbance at someone’s house the other day. It turned out the person’s five-year-old was throwing a tantrum, because he didn’t want to do his reading lessons while being homeschooled. So the cops explained how important school is, and now he’s on board.
5. Two dozen people near Detroit have been holding weekly parades through their town while wearing inflatable costumes. They say it’s easy to social distance from each other, because a lot of the costumes have long tails. And people love it . . . not just kids . . . because it’s something totally different to break up the day.