A poll found 80% of us are desperate for some positive news right now. So as always, we’re here to help. Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. Starbucks announced that for all of December, they’re giving free coffee to frontline workers. They’ve already given out more than two million cups of coffee this year.
2. In other coffee-related news: A regular customer in Louisville, Kentucky walked into a coffee shop the other day and gave the owner a thousand bucks to pay for everyone’s coffee that day. Then he came back later with $1,500, and did it again.
3. England is finishing up a three-week lockdown today. And they’ve seen a 30% drop in cases. So more proof that even though they suck, the lockdowns do have an effect.
4. A group of teens broke a waterline at a restaurant in Miami on Saturday, because they were angry at the owner for telling them to wear masks. But here’s the good part: They went back the next day to apologize face-to-face and pay for the damages.
5. How’s this for a random act of kindness? A gas station attendant in Oregon named Bradley Rowe was filling a guy’s tank last month, and mentioned that he’s been struggling to get a $2,000 car loan to buy an old, beat-up 1998 Ford Explorer. So the guy drove off . . . went straight to a dealership . . . wrote a huge check . . . told them to let Bradley pick out whatever he wanted . . . and bought him a 2016 Kia Sportage.