Alpha Media – Moses Lake is seeking a talented On-Air Talent / Announcer to host live remote broadcasts in the Columbia Basin on 100.5 KWIQ-FM. The ideal candidate is capable of assisting with the sales department, and has a passion for having fun. The right person understands the interaction between the talent, clients, and customers at live remotes, appearances, station events, and on-air are a vital part of the station’s ratings and success.
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company sharing your favorite music, sports and news across a variety of platforms. Whether it’s on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home or in your car, our stations will enhance your journey. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates multiple radio stations across the United States covering all formats.
We are live and local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include:
- Broadcast live from remote locations and events.
- Transporting equipment from radio station to event.
- Reads commercial copy and public service announcements
- Operate control console.
- Conduct on-air interviews.
- Work with Promotions and Sales departments on creative content.
- Assists in special promotions and programming activities
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in use of broadcast equipment.
- Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to successfully execute emceeing station events and remotes.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
- Be a positive member of a tight-knit team.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured personal vehicle.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Prior broadcast industry experience
We’d love to hear a sample of your work! If you would like to send a demo, include the link to your website in your cover letter. If you do not have a website, upload your demo in YouTube and provide the link.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.