Here Are Your Odds of Dying From Various Accidents
Somewhere a couple of goth teens are debating whether they’d rather know WHEN they will die . . . or HOW they will die. And they’d dig this:
A website has put together a graphic showing your odds of dying from various accidents in your lifetime. Here they are, from most to least likely:
1. 101-to-1 . . . That you will die in a motor vehicle accident
2. 798-to-1 . . . Complications of medical and surgical care
3. 1,606-to-1 . . . Alcohol poisoning
4. 1,825-to-1 . . . Accidental building fire
5. 2,745-to-1 . . . Choking on food
6. 5,882-to-1 . . . Drowning in a swimming pool
7. 6,368-to-1 . . . Sunstroke
8. 7,998-to-1 . . . Accidental firearm discharge
9. 10,386-to-1 . . . Drowning other than in a pool
10. 11,756-to-1 . . . Airplane crash
11. 57,825-to-1 . . . Bee or wasp sting
12. 69,016-to-1 . . . Dog attack
13. 138,849-to-1 . . . Lightning strike.
And of course they stopped at 13 entries.
Oh, and there’s this, even if it won’t kill you:
292,000,000-to-1 . . . Winning a Powerball jackpot.