Here are a few more good news stories making the rounds . . .
1. Some of the Reddit nerds who made money off the ongoing GameStop fiasco are paying it forward. A guy in Texas used his profits to buy ten Nintendo Switches that he donated to a children’s hospital in Dallas. And another guy dropped off six of them at a children’s hospital in Minnesota.
2. The teacher who made Bernie Sanders’ mittens might have a new career on her hands. (No pun intended.) It used to be her side-hustle. But a ton of people placed orders after the ‘Bernie in a Chair’ meme went viral. So now she’s partnering with a teddy bear company to make 18,000 pairs.
3. A McDonald’s drive-thru in England wouldn’t serve a guy and his kid, because they didn’t have a car. So a 12-year-old jumped out of his parents’ car and gave the kid his Happy Meal.
4. Israel is giving Palestine 5,000 doses of the vaccine to help them vaccinate their frontline doctors and nurses.
5. Here’s some more evidence the vaccines really are working. Cases of COVID-19 in nursing homes have steadily dropped since vaccinations started. In the first month, the number of new cases in retirement homes fell 45%.