Truck stops have a wide array of weird stuff to buy. It’s a one-stop shop if you ever need a pink cowboy hat, a C.B. radio, one condom, and a shower.
The truck stop chain Flying J looked at the most COMMON things we buy at truck stops around the country. Then they looked at the top 20 for each state, and picked the one that’s most UNIQUE to that area. Here are six quick stats . . .
1. Coffee is #1 in five states . . . Connecticut, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oregon, and South Dakota. And it’s in the top 5 in EVERY state.
2. People in Louisiana like Red Bull more than anyone else. And people in Pennsylvania drink a disproportionate amount of Monster energy drinks.
3. Various brands of beer are #1 in four states . . . Washington, Iowa, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. (Washington’s is specifically COORS LIGHT . . . of course it is.)
4. New York loves hot dogs more than any other state. And Missouri loves corn dogs the most.
5. Bananas are #1 in Florida. They’re also very popular in Texas, Georgia, and Indiana. And a side of corn is #1 in Massachusetts.
6. The LAMEST one on the list is a CUP OF ICE in Mississippi. Although it does get hot down there, so we get it.
(Here’s a map with all of them. They didn’t post results for eight states: Montana, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Rhode Island, Alaska, and Hawaii.)