A Teen Woke Up Her Parents When the WiFi Went Out and Ended Up Saving Her Entire Family from a Fire
The next time you yell at your kid for spending every waking minute online, just remember it could save your LIFE someday . . .
A 51-year-old guy in Northern Ireland named Patrick Durand got home with his family after a skiing trip last Tuesday. And he was exhausted, so he went to bed early.
Then around 11:30 that night, his 14-year-old daughter came in and woke him up because their WiFi cut out. And obviously it couldn’t wait until morning. He even asked her to let him sleep, and she said she HAD to have Internet access.
So he got out of bed and walked downstairs to check it out. That’s when he smelled something BURNING . . . opened the door to their garage . . . and saw nothing but black smoke and FLAMES.
It turned out their dryer had malfunctioned and started a fire. It’s not clear if that’s what made the Internet cut out, or if it was just a coincidence. But luckily, he got there in time to put it out with a fire extinguisher.
He had to be treated for smoke inhalation. But no one else was hurt, and their house is still standing . . . all because his teenager couldn’t go one night without WiFi.